Walking and Running Problems
Walking and running problems is where your podiatrist takes care of problems involving your legs, knees ankles and feet that become sore or injured during recreation or a sporting activity (walking, running, gym, hockey, football etc) and may involve conditions such as the following:
- Heel pain (plantar fasciopathy)
- Forefoot pain (metatarsal stress fracture, Interdigital Neuroma / Bursa, Joint inflammation)
- Ankle pain (Ankle instability, Posterior tendon strain, Peroneal tendon strain, Tarsal Coalition)
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Knee pain (patella tendinopathy, patella femoral syndrome, medial / lateral compartment osteoarthritis, Os Good Schlatters syndrome)
- Hamstring tendon strains.
The podiatrist will take a history of your injury and any previous treatment that has been performed and will examine you in both a non weight bearing (to test joint motion, lower limb structure and muscle strength) and weight bearing assessment (2D or 3D video gait analysis with force plate computer aided assessment). This helps both podiatrist and patient in understanding the basis of their ailment and the steps needed for recovery.