When prescribed by our podiatrists and customised via a digital scan of your foot shape, our orthotics can help improve the way you walk and or run, help to heal injured muscles and tendons, decrease pressure from painful areas on your feet and hence improve your quality of life.
Orthotic inserts into your shoes help improve the function of your foot, reduce excessive movement, and where present, offload areas of your foot that are painful or inflamed.
We create comfortable orthotics that are custom designed for your feet choosing a design and material that suits your requirements. They are prescribed following a comprehensive biomechanical assessment that uses a force plate treadmill and if required 3D video capture. Our orthotics are:
- Extremely accurate - 0.01mm accuracy
- Efficient – some orthoses can be created on the same day upon request
- Versatile in fitting a variety of shoes from sandals to sneakers
- Innovative - the foot is scanned and 3D modelled as part of creating your perfect fit!
Overall, the benefits of orthotics include:
- Support your feet and legs to provide stability, confidence and performance
- Improve chronic and acute sports injuries by improving the load applied to the foot in the areas specific to injury
- Improve weight distribution and posture
- Absorb shock from ground impact forces to alleviate pain
- Optimise shoe fit and comfort
- Alter an abnormal foot position to improve many common foot ailments and to help them from worsening
- Eliminate lower back pain from leg length discrepancies